The Geno Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

+3
GenoWhirl
Gluv
ShadowStar
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

Post  Oshiro Akina Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:42 pm

O_O

Awesome, as always. . . Certain parts (such as the scene where Mario and Peach have to escape the castle) have a Zelda-y feel to them, which is a nice touch. ^_^

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

Post  GenoWhirl Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:37 am

Yes... It does feel like a The Legend of Zelda game... and... and... I LOVE IT!!!!!

THE NEXT VIDEO GAME EPIC FOR THE WII SHALL BEEEEE...... wait... would this game be for the Wii? No wait... it's ment to be like the first so it'll be on the DS, right?
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Location : Somewhere between Geno's Forest Maze and the Lost Woods of Hyrule

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Oshiro Akina wrote:O_O

Awesome, as always. . . Certain parts (such as the scene where Mario and Peach have to escape the castle) have a Zelda-y feel to them, which is a nice touch. ^_^
GenoWhirl wrote:Yes... It does feel like a The Legend of Zelda game... and... and... I LOVE IT!!!!!

THE NEXT VIDEO GAME EPIC FOR THE WII SHALL BEEEEE...... wait... would this game be for the Wii? No wait... it's ment to be like the first so it'll be on the DS, right?

I guess you're right, it does have a Zelda-y feel to it. I didn't really notice that. Well, I'm glad since that's the kind of atmosphere I want to create. I'm glad you are all enjoying my ideas! Smile

Oh, and if this were real, it would be for the DS. That's why the cutscenes don't seem to have too much flair to them.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Location : Lonely somewhere; writing and drawing Geno-related stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Update!

Plot Info:

Revive Peach: Find the first shard, Mario!

Days after the corruption of Mario's world, Mario finally awakens, but Peach does not. The Elder by their bedside explains the situation.

Mario: -Asks the Elder about Peach-
Elder: You don't have to worry, she's not hurt. But you've probably found out by now that the Power Star is no longer sealed in the Princess. You see Mario, while the Power Star is the pride and lifeforce of the Mushroom Kingdom, it's also connected to the Princess's life since it's her duty to use its power to protect and sustain the kingdom. Without the Power Star, the princess has become incredibly weak. So weak, in fact, that she cannot regain consciousness...
Mario: !?
Elder: Mario, you can still help her! If you can find the Power Star, her energy will be restored!
Mario: -Explains that the Power Star was shattered-
Elder: !!!
Elder: WHAT!? SHATTERED!? How can that be...
-Moves away and ponders for a moment-
Elder: ...N-nevertheless, a single shard of the Power Star SHOULD be enough to wake her up... Please Mario! Please find a shard so the Princess will awaken! ...And also, for the sake of world. The Power Star... Mario, it may very well be this world's last hope...
Mario: -Nods-
Elder: Thank you Mario! I wish you much luck! You should go outside and explore the Refugee Camp to prepare yourself.
Mario: ?
Elder: Oh... I suppose you don't know. You see, after that terrible girl corrupted our world, she claimed the Mushroom Kingdom for herself...
Mario: !
Elder: She chased out all of those who refused to obey her, and so we ended up in the wilderness without food or homes. So we built ourselves a camp. It's nothing spectacular, but we've managed to gather up a decent amount of supplies. We hope we can be of some help to you, Mario.

The Mushroom Refugee Camp

When you exit the house Mario awoke in, you'll find yourself in the middle of the Refugee Camp. Right now, it won't be anything great. There will be only one shop and one Inn and that's about it. But over the course of the game, the camp will grow and upgrade so you can get better and different items and equipment. However, some improvements can only be triggered by optional events in the story. Think of this place as your "base of operations". Anyway, talk to some people in the camp until someone tells you they saw of streak of light fall toward a certain direction (Hey, I haven't decided yet). You don't have to ask around, but it helps to know where you should be going.

Return to the World Map: The Corrupted World

On the World Map, you'll get a better look at how messed up the world is now. The land looks grey and dead and there will be an eerie music in the background. To the North, you'll see the Mushroom Kingdom shrouded in a dark veil. You can try to enter it, but the dark veil acts as a barrier. You won't be getting in there anytime soon. You may also be tempted to head to Bowser's Castle by going down an area called "Koopa Valley". The enemies around there will be a little hard for a single person to handle, and on top of that, the path will end at a huge fissure that's too large for even Mario to jump. So you best stay out of there. So it looks like you'll need to get your first party member before you move on, but who?

The Fallen Prince

From the World Map, you'll want to head toward the Tadpole Pond since it's in the direction the villager said the streak of light fell. You'll go on a path called "Midas Way" which is next to the Midas River. On the path, you'll discover that the river water is murky looking; what could be the cause and what does it mean? Well, in the last area, there will be a cutscene where a Hammer Bro drinks from the river and becomes corrupted (Yes, many of the enemies in the game will be corrupt versions of existing enemies). Of course, this will start a mini-boss battle.

Mini Boss: Corrupted Hammer Bro
You're probably wondering: Why one? Well, this guy is about as powerful as 2 Hammer Bros put together. Even so, he shouldn't be hard to beat if you have been gaining levels normally. Just keep nailing him with attacks until he goes down.

Anyway, now you know the secret of the tainted water. Ingesting it corrupts you. But know a bigger problem arises: What about the frogs and tadpoles of Tadpole Pond that live off the water?

Once you make it to Tadpole Pond, you'll find that the water is still pure, thankfully. Talk to Frogfucius and he'll tell you that he and the other frogs were able to block the flow of Tainted Water for now, but their blockades are slowly starting to give way and won't be long until they give out. Frogfucius will be dumbfounded about the situation and can't think of a solution. Suddenly, you'll be interrupted by some tadpoles who will be in distress. Apparently, someone has washed up on a river bank nearby. Rush to the area and you'll find...

MALLOW!!!

Yes, Mallow. How ironic. As you enter the scene, you'll find an unconscious Mallow surrounded by frogs.

Frog 1: Is... Is he alive?
Frog 2: Yeah yeah! He's breathing!
Frog 3: But wait! What if he swallowed some of the Tainted Water?
Frog 2: He looks fine to me. He must have floated down the river on his back!
Frog 1: That's a relief! ...Hey Hey! He's waking up!
-Mario rushes over-
Mallow: .......Ugh...uh...wa? Where... Where am I?
Mallow: !
Mallow: ....Wait... I... I recognize this place! This is... my old home!
Frog 2: Welcome back Mallow! We're so happy you're okay!
Frog 3: It's been a long time, Mallow! We were just tadpoles last time you were here!
Mallow: Wow, you're right! It great to see you all again!
Mallow: Razz
Mallow: ?
Mallow: Mario? Is that you!?
Mario: -Nods-
-Frogcucius approaches-
Mallow: GRANDPA!
Frogcucius: Mallow, my boy! What are you doing here?
Mallow: That...uh... wow. That's a good question.
Mallow: ...
Mallow: !
Mallow: Well.. I remember I was in the Palace back in Nimbus Land.... And all of a sudden, there was an earthquake... and... AH! That's right! A beam of dark light tore through the town! I ran outside to see if everyone was okay, but I was blown away... then there was the falling... and...
Mallow: And well... Now I'm here...
Frogcucius: My, my, it sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. I'm so very glad you survived!
Mallow: Yeah but... what happened? Everything looks so weird around here...
Mario: -Explains-
Mallow: -Jumps back- WHAAAAAAAAT!? ELYSIA? CORRUPTION? This is crazy!
Mallow: Wait... what does this mean about Nimbas Land? What if... what if the beam of dark energy... what if it destroyed it? My parents... my friends... my people... Could they all be...
Mallow: -Starts crying and it starts to rain-
-Mario and Frogcucious calm him down and stop the rain-
Frogcucious: I'm sure they're all fine! No one has been hurt by the dark energy beams down here. Though, the dark energy seems to have cause some problems...
Mallow: Problems?
Frogcucius: Water all over the world is becoming tainted. Just a sip, and you'll lose you mind!
Mallow: WOAH! Really? But... I just came down the river! Am I alright!? -Panics for a moment-
Frogcucius: You're perfectly fine, Mallow! I'm sure if you drank the water, it would have effected you a long time ago.
Mallow: T-that's a relief...
Frogcucius: But the pond is still in danger. It won't be long until the tainted water reaches it.
Mallow: WHAT!? Can't we stop it at all?
Frogcucius: ...There might be a way
Mario and Mallow: ?
Frogcucius: If I'm correct, the tainted water might be coming from the Gurgle Swamp...
Mallow: Gurgle Swamp? I don't remember you ever telling me about that...
Frogcucius: That's because it's a very dangerous place. In fact, it got its name because it's said that if you go there, the last thing that is ever heard from you is a gurgle...
Mallow: ...Err...that's... creepy... Are you REALLY sure that's where the tainted water is coming from?
Frogcucius: Like I said, I'm not really sure. But it's most likely. If you can stop the tainted water at its source, it should stop the flow completely.
Mario: -Says something-
Mallow: What!? You're actually willing to go there?
Mallow: Well then, I'm going too!
Frogcucius: Mallow, Mario, are you sure about this?
Mallow: You bet, gramps! Mario and I will save the Pond!
Frogcucius: Thank you both! Please be careful!
-Mario and Mallow nod-
Mallow: Lets go Mario!

MALLOW HAS JOINED YOUR PARTY!

Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Please forgive any and all spelling/grammer errors in my posts. I read these things over about 3 times, but I know I still miss a lot of errors.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Hello? Is anyone there?
...I'm lonely... Sad
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan P

Post  GenoWhirl Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:37 pm

We're here!!! Just... Speechless is all... Very impressive!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Location : Somewhere between Geno's Forest Maze and the Lost Woods of Hyrule

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 am

Hooray for Mallow joining your party! I wonder what Nimbus Land looks like now . . . And that beam of dark light . . .

I love how you're keeping everyone in character as well; I can definitely hear Mallow saying those things. <3

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWhirled Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Lalala-dum-dee-duuuum.... *skips through forums before noticing epic fan-plot* Wait a minute... why didn't I see this before?

Dude, I can't tell you how devoted somebody has to be to make such a well-detailed and realistic sequel to SMRPG. I've tried, for so many other games... this is incredible, and a great combination of what could be with Paper Mario and SMRPG.

*waits on edge of seat* Mallow... lives! This part reminds of the sixth Shine Sprite of Bianca Hills in Super Mario Sunshine, with the polluted water and all. So glad he's alive... I've got half a mind to punch that Elysia girl in the face... I like your art and depiction of her. Also, nice utilization of the Power Star. (*cries tears over Super Mario 64 cartridge* "See? They do remember!")

Somebody needs to interrogate Eldstar. "Where's Geno, ya old coot?!" Seriously... where is he? The Geno Alliance is displeased, rawr!11 Nah, just kidding; good things take time. Keep going, this looks like a real masterpiece in the works!
TheWhirled
TheWhirled

Location : Waiting with a Bob-omb outside of Brawl HQ in Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2