The Geno Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

+3
GenoWhirl
Gluv
ShadowStar
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) Empty Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

Post  ShadowStar Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:28 pm

If you haven't seen my post on the Smash Boards, then I'll explain this again.

A while back, someone requested that I write a possible plot for SMRPG2. Ironically, I had already been in the middle of developing a plot for fun. I already have a basic idea of the plot, but it's still lacking a lot. Regardless, I want to share the ideas I have already while I develop more. Of course, you're all welcome to share your ideas too. Before you do, I want to share some of the plot. Hopefully we can have some fun creating our own game, even though it may never be real.

So lets begin!

The Name:

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star

Plot Info:

Who/What is the Dark Star?

The Dark Star in the main villain of the game. As for WHAT it is, it's basically a being that is nearly identical to the Mushroom Kingdom's "Power Star". The difference is that the Dark Star channels a powerful dark energy and has an actual consciousness, allowing it to act on its own. In the game, the Dark Star travels the universe, going from one planet to another, corrupting the planets' life force and absorbing the corrupt energy into itself, making it more powerful. As a result, the planets become dark, barren wastelands crawling with bloodthirsty monsters that were once peaceful citizens. Mario's planet, unfortunately, becomes the next target.

No one truly knows where the Dark Star came from or how it was created. Could it be a collaboration of dark souls that formed at the center of the universe? Or could it be the result of a black hole being sucked into another black hole? It may even be a Luma transformation gone HORRIBLY wrong. It's honestly a mystery and answer will probably never be found, but one thing is for sure; it must be stopped. But what could be powerful enough to stop it?

Character Info:

Playable Characters (So far)

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Geno
Mallow
Luigi
Yoshi
Wario

Right now, I lack Special Moves and Weapons for these characters. So this is where you guys can brainstorm. Share any ideas for Special Moves or Weapons. For example, here's one I've had in mind:

Geno Special Move
Name: Geno Blade
Description: Geno uses the same energy he uses for his Geno Beam to form a sword around his hand and then swiftly slashes at opponents. The attack can target either a single enemy or multiple ones, but will do less damage when attacking multiple. The attack will also have different levels of power to choose from that Geno will gain as he levels up. Higher level Geno Blade attacks have much cooler animations and more power, but will require more Flower Points/Magic Points to perform.

Also, if you have playable character ideas, please share them! It's always nice to have a wide range of characters to choose from!

So that's it for now. I'll be posting more info on the plot and each character's involvement over time. I really hope we can have fun with this, but if you absolutely have no interest, I'll close the topic and you'll never have to hear of it again. I'll understand. Smile
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Location : Lonely somewhere; writing and drawing Geno-related stuff...

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

Post  Gluv Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:23 pm

looks awesome ^_^
Gluv
Gluv

Location : Climbing Infinite Glacier with Popo and Nana I am Coco the third ice climber after all

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan P

Post  GenoWhirl Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:40 am

That actually sounds pretty awsome! What's next?!
Mario gets a super fireball like in brawl?!
Mallow gets a super hurricane attack?!
I've always wondered if Bowser could take off his shell and whip it at you! I mean, koopa's can!
And how about Luigi getting a green fireball attack?! Make it weaker than Mario's but it never misses!? Remeber, the only diffrence in Mario and Luigi's powers are Luigi isn't effected by gravity, attacks can be made based on that!
And why is Wario in there! Why don't you just throw in Waluigi, too! But if he has to be, why not give him that "eat something and get power" ability. I mean he eats a doughnut and adds 500 pounds! He eats an onion and suddenly he's a fusion of Chuck Norus, Super Man, and some dude who never showers!
But Yoshi! He's another story! A Yoshi Story, 'nother story! Every RPG has to have a range character! That's what Geno originaly was! But I can see the damage a super Yoshi egg bomb can do!
Ohh! And everyones "Defend" option looks diffrent! Like for Mario it's just a block stance. Luigi can do his crouch in fear! Bowser can go in his shell! Peach can pull out Toad!!! Yoshi has an egg to hide in!
And Geno? Well they can't hurt you if your not there, and his body is just wood! Make his defend, him leaving his body for that turn so that way though the body takes the attack, no real damage is done to him!
I don't know about Mallow, I mean this is the guy who jump out of his pants every time he attacked!
I really like the idea of another SMRPG, so I'll keep posting if I come up with anything else!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Location : Somewhere between Geno's Forest Maze and the Lost Woods of Hyrule

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot)

Post  Gluv Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:51 pm

sorry whirl but wario has every right to be in there and just cause wario was in there doesnt mean waluigi has to be waluigi is very very minor compared to wario
Gluv
Gluv

Location : Climbing Infinite Glacier with Popo and Nana I am Coco the third ice climber after all

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:31 am

Update!

Super Mario RPG had an awesome opening sequence, so why can't SMRPG2? Here's the Intro I had in mind:

The Intro

In SMRPG, when you first started the game you got the title screen with Bowser's Castle with no Exor in it. This game starts with a similar style. The title screen will have the first part of the title (SUPER MARIO RPG 2) and an image of foggy, creepy forest and very quiet background music. Almost like the calm before the storm...

The games starts with a peaceful scene as Mario and Peach settle down in a meadow to have a picnic with some cheery music in the background, daaawww, how sweet! Of course, this will never do. Bowser must crash the party and does. Mario and Peach get bombarded by bombs and in the chaos Peach is nabbed by Bowsers in his Clown-Copter! Off to his castle he goes! Go Mario! Time to rescue her once again!

At this point, you'll be taken to the world map. How the world map will work is still being decided, but whatever the case, you have to head to Bowser's Castle!

Bowser's Castle will play the role as the first level in the game once again. It will be much different than it was in SMRPG and Bowser will also have some new minions to fight! This will be your chance to level up Mario a bit and collect some items to prepare for your big battle with Bowser! (Bowser Jr. may appear as a mini-boss. Later in the game, he'll be a part of Bowser's Moveset. Maybe the other Kooplings as well.)

You'll eventually fight your way to the roof of the castle where you'll have your showdown with Bowser.

The rooftop will have a clear view of a starry sky, but... no Peach? Wait! Where is Peach? Mario will look around a bit in confusion but will be interrupted as Bowser comes crashing down from the sky!

Bowser: GWA! HA HA! What's wrong, Mario? Looking for Peach? Don't worry, she's not in another castle! I'm just keeping her away so she doesn't have to see her precious plumber get pummeled! Don't think you're going to win this time! I'LL CRUSH YOU!

Battle Start
Mario Vs Bowser

This battle is pretty simple as all first battles are. Bowser will use his generic fire breath and claw attacks that don't do much damage, but this time, there's a twist! Once you get Bowser's HP dwindled down...

Bowser: GWRAA! Impressive! You've gotten stronger Mario, but unfortunately for you, SO HAVE I!
-Bowser Snaps his fingers and his Clown-Copter will lower down from above and Peach will be in it- (Why doesn't she just jump down? She's afraid of heights, silly!)
Peach: (Obligatory) MARRRRIIOOOOOO!!!!
-Bowser will jump into the copter-
Bowser: Time for you to taste the fury of the Clown-Copter MK-II!!!
-The face on the clown copter will become incredibly evil-looking and hatches on both sides will open, revealing missiles-

Battle Start
Mario Vs Clown-Copter MK-II

This time, the battle will be a little harder since you'll have missiles aimed at you. After a few turns, Bowser will fire off a barrage of missiles at you. 2 barrages of missiles are enough to finish you, so you must defeat Bowser before then. To fool you like in SMRPG, there will be 2 targets: Bowser and the Clown-Copter. Attacking Bowser will do NOTHING. The only way to win is to attack the Clown-Copter which will go down pretty fast.

As Mario lands the finishing blow on the Clown-Copter, it will trigger a series of small explosions.

Bowser: NO! This can't be! Don't give in yet you hunk of junk!

The copter will eventually plummet onto the roof, ejecting Peach out into Mario's arms.

Bowser: GRAA! This isn't over yet! I've still got- Hunh?

Bowser's rant will be cut off as the roof ruptures and caves in, sending Bowser and his flaming wreckage into the depths of his castle, ending with sound of the impact within the castle.

With Bowser defeated yet again, a romantic scene with Mario and Peach will start.

Peach: Mario! You did it again! Thank you!
-Obligatory Kiss on the cheek-
-Mario and Peach will then look off into the distance from the roof-
Peach: Isn't the sky beautiful, Mario? You can see it so clearly from up here!
-But then... something will catch Peach's eyes-
Peach: Look Mario! Up there! It's a shooting star!
-The camera will zoom up and show the shooting star as it flies through the sky... but... something is very wrong...-
Peach: -?-
Peach: ...Mario? Is the shooting star getting closer!?
-Suddenly! A flash of light! And a sharp echoing sound! The shooting star is ripping through the atmosphere!-
Peach: MARIO! What's going on!?
-Suddenly, the whole castle will begin to shake as the shooting star plummets down from the clouds, heading directly at a forest not far from the castle!-
Peach: MAAAAAAAAARRIIIIIOOOOOO!!!
-The scene switches to the shooting star as it makes its impact, generating an ENORMOUS blast, the shockwaves hitting Bowser's Castle, apparently sending Mario and Peach flying off of the rooftop- (Will they be separated again!? Maybe. Who knows? I haven't entirely decided)
-The entire screen goes white-

A white screen will then fade into an image of a dark, cloudy sky where the stars are no longer visible. The camera lowers down upon the forest from the title screen, except... THE FOREST IS GONE! In its place is a huge, smoking crater that seems to have a eerie black and red glow. At this point, a creepy music will begin to play and the title will appear once again, but this time, in its entirety:

SUPER MARIO RPG 2: LEGEND OF THE DARK STAR
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) Empty Re: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan P

Post  GenoWhirl Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:37 am

Freak'n sweet! Where are you coming up with these ideas?! All I can say is keep up the good work on that!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:53 pm

This is just so awesome! I wonder how Geno fits into all of this. . .

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Oshiro Akina wrote:This is just so awesome! I wonder how Geno fits into all of this. . .

I'll be explaining Geno's role in more depth a lot later since a lot of stuff happens before he makes his entrance. What I can say for now is that he serves a VERY important role. Like in SMRPG, Geno will be the one that tells Mario and the gang what the Dark Star is and what it is trying to do. Also, Geno will be needed to actually beat the game since the final area in the game can ONLY be reached with Geno's help. It should be fairly obvious what place I'm talking about, but I'll explain it later anyway.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:09 pm

Wow. . . I can't wait to read more! Someone needs to illustrate this. . . <3

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:57 am

Update!

Character Info:

Introducing: Elysia

Elysia is a brand new villain for SMRPG2. Elysia plays the role (a rather large one) as the Dark Star's minion, or as she likes to call herself, its "Messenger". When Mario goes to the examine the crater at the beginning of the game, he's unfortunate enough to be confronted by Elysia who rises up from the crater in front of a mysterious glowing meteor. What happens? A battle ensues of course.

Battle Start
Mario (and Party?) Vs ???? (Elysia)

Let me make this simple: You can't win. No, just... no. Don't even try. Elysia will allow you to take a few jabs at her, but finally she'll give in and WASTE you. Simple as that. End Battle.

Now, you're probably wondering (maybe): why doesn't Elysia fight back at the beginning of the fight? Simple. She will get a kick out of you actually trying to hurt her. Why? Well, let me describe her personality. Lets see... what would be the best way to describe her? Oh! I know!

"EVIL-ASS PSYCHOTIC GIRL"

No, really. This girl is probably the most messed-up villain you'll ever meet in a Mario game. She's comparable to Kefka of Final Fantasy 6, except there's nothing funny about her, she's just PURE EVIL. She'll even have her own maniacal laughter that you'll hear a lot in the game. I guess all that Dark Energy really screwed her up, huh? But yeah, you should get the point by now. Now, I wish I could show you a picture of her since I can imagine her so clearly in my head, but sadly, my art skills aren't good enough to produce the image I want. So instead, I'll try my best to describe her appearance and battle style.

She's about the same age and has the same figure as Princess Peach; maybe just a little taller and a little skinner. She has pale (kinda light grey) skin, pointy ears, devilish red eyes, and long, messy navy blue hair. She has almost an Anime-ish look (which would be expected since Square would, of course, be involved in a SMRPG sequel). So basically, she looks kinda like a humanoid alien; an evil one. I still haven't completely decided on the design of her clothes, but she won't wear a dress; Ew! No! She would probably have a white, sleeve-less shirt and short white pants. She'll probably have some kind of short cape (kinda like Geno's) to make her outfit less skimpy (it's not supposed to be skimpy, but she's supposed to seem more like a tomboy). And also she'll have a black, star-shaped brooch on her shirt (kinda like a symbol of the Dark Star). I'm probably going to tweak her clothes a bit, so suggestions are welcome.

In battle, Elysia will sport a scythe as her primary weapon. That's right, a scythe. Which means she has a Grim Reaper style to her attacks. In fact, one of her specials will be a technique called "Reaper". It's an OHKO move with a 50% success rate, which will be frustrating when you fight her again later in the game. She will also have huge arsenal of Dark Magic at her disposal such as "Dark Inferno" and "Dark Thunder" which are the highest forms of dark elemental magic in the game (Yeah, there will be regular elemental magic in the game too. I'll go into more detail about that later). Just to make her an even more annoying boss when you fight her later in the game, Elysia will 2 different "Battle Modes" she will alternate between. In her Attack Mode, Elysia will be on the ground and will use only scythe-based attacks (this is when you worry about "Reaper") and also, while in Attack Mode, attacking her with Physical Attacks (Like attacking her with Geno's guns) will do little damage; instead her weakness will be magic and special moves (Fire up da Geno Beams!). In Magic Mode, Elysia will have her scythe put away on her back and will be levitating in the air. In this mode, she will only attack with magic, and all magic and special attacks will do little damage to her. Ready your Rocket Boots, Geno! This is when you hit her with Physical Attacks for the most damage! Elysia will switch between modes a lot, so you'll have to pay close attention! Elysia will be a pretty difficult boss, but the game wouldn't be fun without some difficulty, right?

Anyway, back to the first battle. Don't worry, Mario doesn't die; he just gets his ass handed to him. Oh, and he blacks out. Elysia will see him as no threat and will thank him for the "amusement" by letting him live. When Mario awakens, Elysia and the meteor will be gone without a trace. Where did they go? What are Elysia's intentions? What's up with that meteor? Well, you'll just have to wait and see, my friends.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm loving your story the more I read it. <3 If you need any suggestions I say that there should never be a bit of sparkle or shine from the evil characters. What I mean is that things such as their eyes and brooches should be dull like dull stones, unlike the Star Pieces and Geno in his star form that glitter and sparkle with good. Just my random thoughts. XD

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:24 pm

YES!

A scythe user!

I have a scythe user as well:

http://kd476.deviantart.com/art/For-impulsivelyliving-Janin-66448706

and her sprite sheet is here:

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...mineeditob7.png

Please draw your character, just to see what she looks like, sorry. Even if you can't draw I would like to see you try!
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

https://geno.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 am

Is there going to be some climactic scene in the end where Mario and team have to use the very power of the Star Road to defeat this evil anti-star! 'Cause that would be freak'n sweet! The way I see it is, ever since SMRPG and SMW, Super Mario's the Star Road is the equivalent of The Legend of Zelda's Golden Sacred Power, The Triforce. Why else would you need some awsome star warrior spirit like Geno to protect it!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  pcamtz Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:55 am

Wow! This is turning out pretty good!

I once thought of a similar story for SMRPG2, in mine there was a organization that also corrupted Mushroom Kingdom using... wait for it... Dark Stars! Laughing when I read yours it was like a Déjà Vu!, I used dark stars because of Culex's attack in the game. This was a while ago, back then I wanted a Mario RPG where Bowser was the main character, but now I modified the plot to be a Geno game.

I was going to suggest some of my ideas for your story, but it would change it drastically and your's is already far ahead... should I make my own thread? It would go in this section right?

Anyway, I'm really liking this "Elysia" girl, although I pictured her a bit crazy (but funny/clumpsy-crazy), maybe it was the "Evil-ass psicothic girl" thing that lead me to that conclusion. I'm really looking forward to a picture of her, that would make this sequel almost real... tongue

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pcamtz
pcamtz

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Oshiro Akina wrote:I'm loving your story the more I read it. <3 If you need any suggestions I say that there should never be a bit of sparkle or shine from the evil characters. What I mean is that things such as their eyes and brooches should be dull like dull stones, unlike the Star Pieces and Geno in his star form that glitter and sparkle with good. Just my random thoughts. XD

Good idea! I was kinda planning on making the villains have dull features. Actually, you've actually inspired me to make more villains. Elysia was originally going to be working alone, but now you got me thinking. I've actually got ideas for 2 new villains that will be working under Elysia. I'll bring them up later.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

TheEnigmatic wrote:YES!

A scythe user!

I have a scythe user as well:

http://kd476.deviantart.com/art/For-impulsivelyliving-Janin-66448706

and her sprite sheet is here:

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...mineeditob7.png

Please draw your character, just to see what she looks like, sorry. Even if you can't draw I would like to see you try!

I can't seem to see your sprite sheet. Did you post the right link?

Also, I'll try my best to draw her, but it may take a while...
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

GenoWhirl wrote:Is there going to be some climactic scene in the end where Mario and team have to use the very power of the Star Road to defeat this evil anti-star! 'Cause that would be freak'n sweet! The way I see it is, ever since SMRPG and SMW, Super Mario's the Star Road is the equivalent of The Legend of Zelda's Golden Sacred Power, The Triforce. Why else would you need some awsome star warrior spirit like Geno to protect it!

It will have a climatic end, don't worry about that. But Star Road = Triforce? Star Road seems more like the equivalent of the Sacred Realm. The Power Star = Triforce
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Hhhmm... Yeah, I can see where your coming from, and let me guess. Some how this dark star plans on tainting the power stars and grand stars so as to increase its own power... Well, just a guess!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gsse1kc3.png

GENO IN THE SSE! Made this after reading you're first chapter
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:47 am

Ok! You've all waited for them, and here they are! THE FIRST PICTURES OF ELYSIA!

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star (SMRPG2 Fan Plot) ElysiaPics
Hand-drawn. Colored in Flash MX

Now, this might not be the EXACT look, but this is the closest I've gotten so far. I didn't do full body sketches since I epically fail at drawing bodies right now, so I'm sorry if you were expecting more. Maybe I can get you guys a full body sketch later. I'm also going to draw a picture of the Dark Star once I get around to it.

Anyway, I think she looks pretty good. Not as scary and psychotic as I wanted her to be, but still scary enough that you would shit bricks if you ran into her in a dark alley.

Enjoy!
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:51 am

TheEnigmatic wrote:http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gsse1kc3.png

GENO IN THE SSE! Made this after reading you're first chapter

Oh yeah! I saw that! Looks cool! Now do one with Geno Vs Ridley in the volcano! For humor, you can show that part where Dedede gets knocked right out of the volcano by Ridley. Wink
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:00 am

Gee, sure is quiet around here... Are you all waiting for the next part of the plot?
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:04 am

Kind of, hat and everyone posts in the other thread instead of here
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 pm

I think the pictures of Elysia look really cool! ^___^ They sort of have a Teen Titans-esque feel to them . . . xD

Can't wait to see the Dark Star art! That and how Geno's going to look!

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowStar Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Well, I guess it's time that I show you how dark this game will get...

Update!

Plot Info:

The End of the World

After Mario's encounter with Elysia, her and the strange meteorite will vanish. At this point, you'll be able to explore some of the Mario world looking for answers. One of the first places you'll want to go is to the Mushroom Kingdom and visit Peach in her castle (Yay! She doesn't get kidnaped this time!). If you talk to her, she'll suggest you ask around town to see if anyone saw the mystery girl (You still won't know Elysia's name at this point). There will be some new towns in the game, but you'll also be able to visit some of the towns from the first SMRPG, such as Rose Town where you can visit Gaz if you feel like it. If you do talk to him, he'll mention that he's been upgrading his Geno doll. You'll even be able to chat with Luigi if you stop by Mario's house, but he won't join you at this point. After a little bit of exploring, you'll start hearing villagers talking about a "girl flying through the air". Eventually someone will mention seeing this flying girl heading toward the Mushroom Kingdom! Uh oh... After hearing this information, return to the world map and you'll see dark clouds swirling around the Mushroom Kingdom. Looks like we found Elysia...

Upon returning to the Mushroom Kingdom, you'll find the recently peaceful place in COMPLETE chaos. A thunderstorm will be ravaging the sky while a path of destruction torn through town will become visible. Villagers will be panicking and some will be knocked out cold. When you talk to the panicking villagers, they'll mention a demon girl tearing her way through the town to Peach's Castle and they will plead with you to go protect Princess Peach. as you get closer to the Castle, you'll encounter strange monsters that look similar to heartless, but with a bit more detail and features (I'll explain exactly what they are later). Hopefully you did some training and bought some items for this. If you're completely unprepared, just avoid the monsters and head for the castle.

All while this is going on, a scary music like this will be playing:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/20699
It would probably be a little less hardcore than that since this is a Mario game, but the music would have a feeling of panic and impending doom.

When you reach the castle, you'll find the doors blown clear off their hinges, and torched in black flames. The guards will also be blown out of the way. Try to find some of the uninjured guards since they might give you some healing items. Make your way through more monsters and when you get halfway to Peach's throne room, a cutscene will start in the throne room.

Guards: Hold the door! Don't let her get through!
Guard: Sh-she's coming!
Guard: Princess! Escape while you still can! We'll hold her off!
Peach: No! I won't abandon you! Just wait, Mario will be here soon!
Guard: SHE'S HERE!
CRACKLE-WHOOSHH! (I'm horrible with sound effects)
-The door will be blown wide open, knocked all the guards against the walls and knocking Peach to the ground-
-Elysia will enter slowly and gracefully-
???: Heh, how pathetic! The people of this planet are sickeningly weak! I'm surprised this place even has any energy to absorb!
Peach: W-who are you? What do you want?
???: Ah, so you must be Princess Peach! I guess since I'm in the presence of the princess, I should introduce myself. My name is Elysia, the Messenger of the Dark Star.
Peach: Dark Star!? What in the world are you talking about?
Elysia: I'm insulted! You don't even know about the Dark Star?
Peach: N-no... I've never heard of it...
Elysia: Well there's not much you need to know. The Dark Star... IS A GOD! And I've come here to extinguish that which exists to oppose this God. Tell me Princess Peach... where is the Power Star?
Peach: !
Peach: The Power Star?
Elysia: Now, don't play dumb with me, Peachie! I sensed the Power Star the moment I entered this castle. Its wretched energy is coursing through these very walls! It's here somewhere and...
-Approaches Peach and lifts her up by the collar-
Elysia: ...You're going to tell me where it's at, Peachie.
Peach: I... I don't know where-
Elysia: Hey now! A princess shouldn't lie! Now be a good little girl and show me where it is hidden!
Peach: ...
Elysia: ?
Elysia: Hmm... could be... that the Power Star is right in front of my eyes? The Power Star... It's in you, isn't it?
Peach: W-what!?
Elysia: -Maniacal laugher- Oh how rich! Of all the places these Mushroom IDIOTS decide to hide their Power Star, it's inside of a garbage princess that can't even channel its power!
-Elysia will release a pulse of dark energy from her hand, knocking Peach back, sliding across the floor. Moments later, a light will rise up from her chest, causing the screen to flash with white and gold. The light will take the form of the Power Star and will float in the air in front of Elysia-
Elysia: HA! So there it is! This is just too easy...
Peach: -Getting up- Wait! What are you going to do? You can't take it!
Elysia: Take it? ...He...he...he... no Peachie, I'm not going to take it...
-Dramatic Cutscene Image of Elysia's face-
Elysia: I'M GOING TO DESTROY IT!
Peach: !!!
Peach: WHAT!? NO! STOP!
-Elysia materializes her scythe-
Elysia: Watch carefully, Peachie. Watch as I rid your world of its last hope!!!
Peach: NOOOO!
Elysia: GOODBYE!
-Elysia dashes at it and the screen goes white-
KA-SHING! CRACK!
-As the screen fades back in, Elysia now has her back to the Power Star. After a moment of silence, the Power Star cracks. Beams of light start radiating from the cracks and then... CRACKLE! It shatters into 7 shards that shoot out of the castle windows...-
Elysia: Heh, so it shattered? How irritating! Well, at least it's useless now!
Elysia: ?
-A single shard of the Power Star lowers down in front of Elysia, who lifts her hand up to it as it floats-
Elysia: What's this? A gift? HA! You shouldn't have! I guess I should hold onto this for safe-keeping...
Peach: Why? Why are you doing this?
Elysia: I already told you. I'm doing this for the Dark Star... For his desires. But someone like you could never comprehend the righteousness of his desires! So sit back and relax, Peachie...
-Dramatic cutscene image of Elysia holding the Power Star Shard-
Elysia: Cause the REAL show is about to being!
-The scene fades black-

At this point, you'll return to Mario, half-way through the castle. Make your way up to the throne room, fighting or avoiding the monsters (some might be unavoidable). Once you reach the Throne Room...

Peach will be lying on the floor and Elysia will be gone, but an ominous silence will still be in the room. Talk to Peach and she will get up in a panic!

Peach: Mario! You're here!
-Mario will ask what happened- (He'll use his hand-gestures and gibberish that he has in the Mario & Luigi games)
Peach: It was horrible Mario... A demonic girl came in here and destroyed the Power Star!
-A small earthquake will occur-
Peach: !
Mario: !
Peach: Mario! We have to get out of here! Something horrible is about to happen! I can feel it!
-Peach turns to the guards that are getting up-
Peach: You all have to hurry too!
Guards: Yes Princess! -They leave-
Peach: Lets go, Mario!

At this point Peach will follow you, but not join you. After you leave the throne room, any monsters that you didn't defeat will be gone, along with everyone else in the castle. The music that was playing earlier will have stopped and everything will be silent, except for the small earthquakes that will happen while you walk through the castle. Just head straight to the exit. Halfway to the exit, Peach will collapse mysteriously, but get right back up and convince Mario that she's ok.

Once you get outside, a HUGE earthquake will occur. Mario and Peach will look up and the camera will zoom up to the sky where Elysia is hovering above the castle.

Elysia: It's time...
-Elysia spreads her arms and looks up to the clouds-
Elysia: Light no longer shines upon this world! Let it now be tainted with darkness! Your darkness! Master, share your power with me and allow me to deliver your judgement upon this world!
-A hole will rip open in the center of the swirling clouds above Elysia. From that hole, a stream of dark energy will flow down and into Elysia until it is completely absorbed-
Elysia: Now...
-Swings her scythe into the air-
Elysia: I claim this planet...
-Close up-
Elysia: IN THE NAME OF THE DARK STAR!!!

Suddenly, a HUGE blast of dark energy will shoot up out of Elysia's scythe, up past the clouds and into the atmosphere. When it reaches its peak, it will burst into hundreds of blasts and will begin to rain down all over the planet.

The camera will zoom back down to Mario and Peach who are watching in horror.

Peach: MARIO! RUN!

The two will make a mad dash to get out of the town, but as they're running, a blast of Dark Energy will crash down behind them, blowing them away and engulfing the entire town.

The camera will switch to the other blasts as they hit other areas of the planet. Mario's Home, where Luigi is panicking. Rose Town where people are retreating into their homes and Gaz is holding on tightly to his Geno Doll. And in some of the new towns as well. The blasts of energy will seem to be seeping into the ground as they explode.

Eventually, the camera will switch to an outer space view of the planet where the blasts look like pulses of energy scattered across the planet. And as the blasts are occurring, the planet's green color will begin to fade into a murky, blue-ish gray color. The screen will then fade black...

A dialogue from Peach will appear on the black screen.

Peach: ...That was the darkest day for the Mushroom Kingdom and for the world... I'm sleeping now... I'm not sure where and I'm not sure why... but... I don't want to wake up... No... I can't wake up... because there is no morning light to open my eyes... Mario... Help me... I want to wake up... I want to see that light still exists... that hope still exists...

As the dialogue disappears, the black screen will fade into the image of a damaged room, where Mario is sleeping in a bed. An elder Mushroom Villager will be examining him. Suddenly, Mario will awake and look around.

Elder: Ah! Mario! You're finally awake! You had us all worried, my boy! You've been sleeping for days now. We weren't sure if you would awaken at all!
-Mario will look around and see something-
-The camera will slide over to another bed where Peach is sleeping-
-Mario will jump out of bed and examine Peach-
Elder: Oh... I'm afraid she's still sleeping... but... I don't believe she'll ever be able to wake up... not in the condition she is in...

Now, I know that sounds like a lot of dialogue and cutscenes, but there's actually A LOT of exploration in between it all.

P.S: No one really dies or anything. It's not THAT dark.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next