The Geno Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does he look like?

+2
Snakz, Not Snakes
TheEnigmatic
6 posters

Go down

What does he look like? Empty What does he look like?

Post  TheEnigmatic Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:42 pm

I hope they keep true to his appearance but add kneecaps and elbows for him to move
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

https://geno.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What does he look like? Empty Re: What does he look like?

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Deffinetly, the Official art always looked like it was scrapped together in 2 minutes, it needs work.

I have a bunch of new concept drawings of Geno and a possible appearance in Brawl, but unfortunately my scanner is at home and im at school, so ill have to wait to scan them.

But in the mean time, i did manage to scan a few drawings and post a 3-D model in progress of Geno on my DeviantArt site for those who dont know. Check them out if your interested: http://cr1ppl370ny.deviantart.com/
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWhirled Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:02 pm

What bothers me about the official artwork isn't just the quality, it's the lack thereof. How many non-sprite poses do we get... two? (The official one and the view of Geno during the cutscene going into the factory.) I hope Sakurai has the sense to use Geno's sprite as reference, but at the same time adds on the joints and all of that jazz without butchering his general image.

Heh, I love your models and drawings, Snakz. I draw him a lot, but he always turns out looking a bit too cute, and that always screws up what I think of him. I'm so pumped about Brawl because somehow they manage to remake the characters but never lose their original feel... how awesome will 3D generation Geno be?

Lawl.
TheWhirled
TheWhirled

Location : Waiting with a Bob-omb outside of Brawl HQ in Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:26 am

TheWhirled wrote:What bothers me about the official artwork isn't just the quality, it's the lack thereof. How many non-sprite poses do we get... two? (The official one and the view of Geno during the cutscene going into the factory.)

The official artwork bothers me for some reason; I've always pictured Geno looking like his sprites. And the part where you see him and everyone falling into the other dimension you can't even see really well due to the area's cloudy nature and how everything is so bright and then goes to white . . .

I would like to see Geno look like how his sprites did in SMRPG but maybe build on/update them. Maybe have more detail in the texture in his cape, and finally end the debate I've seen on other sites of whether Geno's curls are actual doll hair or wood shavings.

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:47 pm

[quote="Oshiro Akina"]
TheWhirled wrote:
I would like to see Geno look like how his sprites did in SMRPG but maybe build on/update them. Maybe have more detail in the texture in his cape, and finally end the debate I've seen on other sites of whether Geno's curls are actual doll hair or wood shavings.

When he takes off his cap the hair doenst fall like doll hair does so I say wood shavings.
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:50 pm

Geno never takes his hat off while facing the camera, right? I've seen him pull items out of his hat while in battle but I can't really tell if there's hair under there.

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Oshiro Akina wrote:Geno never takes his hat off while facing the camera, right? I've seen him pull items out of his hat while in battle but I can't really tell if there's hair under there.

Well if you look closely, you see there's nothing else there, just his wooden head.

Which seemed kinda strange to me, at least they could've made it look like painted hair with his curls, but oh well.

In the end, it does make a little more sense for a doll.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Oshiro Akina Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:00 pm

That's strange. I would think that especially if the Geno doll is hand made and one of a kind the doll maker would put something under his hat even if it's painted on. *tries to picture a bald Geno*

Oshiro Akina

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:05 pm

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/mario/rpg/smrpg/display.php?file=smrpggeno.png
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scicky! Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Snakz, Not Snakes wrote:Deffinetly, the Official art always looked like it was scrapped together in 2 minutes, it needs work.

I have a bunch of new concept drawings of Geno and a possible appearance in Brawl, but unfortunately my scanner is at home and im at school, so ill have to wait to scan them.

But in the mean time, i did manage to scan a few drawings and post a 3-D model in progress of Geno on my DeviantArt site for those who dont know. Check them out if your interested: http://cr1ppl370ny.deviantart.com/

._.

Why does everyone have to give
him a pointy nose? I like his little ball nose...

Scicky!

Back to top Go down

Post  pcamtz Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 pm

I think this should go here:

What does he look like? GENO-vaati

What do you think of this look? This sprite was requested by Enigmatic on smashboards, he suggested that I should make a Vaati sprite look like Geno.

I think this is quite close to what Geno would look in Brawl Smile
pcamtz
pcamtz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:58 pm

pcamtz wrote:I think this should go here:

What does he look like? GENO-vaati

What do you think of this look? This sprite was requested by Enigmatic on smashboards, he suggested that I should make a Vaati sprite look like Geno.

I think this is quite close to what Geno would look in Brawl Smile

But not tall, stubby, but still awesome as hell! cheers
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum