The Geno Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time

+4
Darkfur Marlfox
KritikalError
TheSpoon
Snakz, Not Snakes
8 posters

Go down

Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time Empty Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 am

These are simply my favorite games of all time, this has nothing to do with what the world thinks.

Tell me any thoughts you might have.

10. Quake III Arena

Before I had Unreal tournament, this was the first time I got to experience a really good fast-paced and enjoyably chaotic FPS, not to mention very bloody as well. Nothing was more satisfying in an FPS at the time than fraging your opponent from a 100 yards away with a rail gun.

It was also the first time I got to experience online FPS play, and although it was done very well, you had to look into buying new PC upgrades to fully play online to its full potential. The game really didn’t have much in the way of single player seeing as how this was mainly supposed to be a multiplayer game, but that was in my favor seeing as how I was young and a little resentful to participate in online play still. It made me suck it up and get in on the wonderful world of online play

9. Super Mario 64

I will never forget the first time I beat the final Bowser, I had never felt so accomplished from beating a video game in my life, period. Seeing as how this game was my first experience playing a full 3-D game, and one of the first console games I ever played, it really was an accomplishment, and the fact tat I could go back and get the rest of the missing stars was just more things to make this game more satisfying for me.

The best part about the game was that in a way, it was like Grand Theft Auto III for kids at the time, the 3-D free roaming, the abilities, and things you could do to your enemies, it was all so fresh. This game will definitely be remembered by me, and my peers as one of the greatest games of all time.

8. Pokémon Red/Blue

Ah yes, the Pokémon craze penetrated well into my life when it started out. I still have my old cards too, waiting until they become really valuable to sell. But yes, Pokémon Red and Blue, it was so amazing to me to think that instead of 4 or 5 characters to play with the whole game, you had 151 to choose from, that was awesome and not to mention the games made me feel like I was taking care of the most badass pets ever. For a Gameboy game, it sure was huge in terms of hours. I must’ve put in at least a week’s worth into both games (until my Red version got stolen -_-).

I only played up to Sliver when my fan-boyism died back in the late 2000, and in recent months, I picked up Ruby and Sapphire…legally…and got back into it for a while. Although I lost interest playing the series again, it’s regained my respect after all these years and it’s just another reason I felt it deserved to be in my top 10.

7. Resident Evil (Gamecube Remake)

Never had I experienced real fear in a video game until I played Resident Evil by myself, in my basement, late at night. I’ll never forget the first time I stepped outside into the forest that leads to the cabin, I turned around and went straight back inside to muster up the courage to go through that forsaken forest.

But it wasn’t just the fear that instilled me to love this game, it’s the absolutely beautiful environments, the fantastic gameplay (although it a little getting used too, but that was fine with me) and the tremendous puzzles that took me forever to figure out, but when I did, I felt like a genius.

6. Halo 2

Master Chief, is there any gamer’s life you haven’t made yourself known yet? Now all in all, Halo, as much I love it cause it’s a Bunige game (I’m a Bungie fan-boy, and you’ll see why in a bit), it really is just another FPS, with a few cool weapons, vehicles and cool story line. So why is the game in my top 10 list? One word: online.

Yes, everyone knows just how awesome the online of this game is, never had I got to experience the real thrill of competitive online play until Halo 2 came into my life. Sure there were a few games I’ve played online before, and pretty well too, but Halo 2 was the first game I ever considered to be a pro at. Now at this point, I’m not really a pro anymore, I do play competitively still online with some friends from time to time, but there was a time I might’ve considered playing for money. Yes thanks to Halo 2, my online competitiveness was born

5. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

In my opinion, SMRG is one of the greatest RPG’s of all time and it’s definitely my favorite RPG ever…but I guess that was too obvious already, wasn’t it? There’s really not much to say about this game that you guys don’t know about that’s awesome. Seeing as how we’re all Geno Alliance members, you guys know plenty well what akes this game great

Although I think the game is not underrated, but undermined. It simply does not get the recognition it deserves, and obviously some of the characters that came from it don’t either *coughgenocough*. It’s certainly recognized as a great game, but all people really talk about when it comes to Mario RPG games are Paper Mario, and no im not undermining Paper Mario, but SMRPG started it all for cryin out loud!

4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

If you’re any kind of gamer, hardcore, pro, causal or even a n00b, odds are you know how influential and utterly amazing this game is. You can’t have a top games list and not have this game on here. It still stands the test of time; I’ve must’ve played this game over 15 times over, I love it that much. I remember when I realized the end of the game was coming my first time playing it, I made sure I had completed every single side-quest and collected all the heart-pieces, bottles, etc. before I moved on to the final part, I didn’t want the experience to end.

Speaking of which, the ending could not haven’t been better. Just when I thought I triumphed by defeating evil Ganondorf and narrowly escaping the collapsing castle, I felt on top of the world, that was, until Zelda jumped at the sound or rustling from the wreckage. The ending was pure epic and was a great way to end one of the greatest gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

(Coming soon)

2. Myth II: Soulblighter

This is by far, my favorite strategy game ever, far surpassing Starcraft. Let it be known that I was a pre-Halo Bungie fan because of this game. The gripping storyline, the deep strategy involved in progressing on to the next mission, and of course the awesome carnage and action from skirmishes and large scale battles are enough for me to be absolutely enthralled by the game. This game is for the most part seriously undermined and forgotten in my opinion. Even its predecessor, which won game of the year in 1997, is not as well known as it deserves.

Myth II, along with Quake III helped me enter the online gaming scene; it had an excellent online system which included co-op, large scale deathmatches, and objective games like capture the flag and territories.

The units we’re unlike any other fantasy game, instead of your everyday dwarves with axes, they get moltof cocktails and mortars, and instead of fighting against enemies like Orcs, you fought the likes of the undead, Fetch that shot lighting at you, and the oh so fearsome pack of Myrkridia. Also the fact that you could not reproduce units added much more interesting strategy. Did I mention there’s also a character and map creator, and several fan created game mods? I could go on and on and on about this game, but you get my point, this game is nothing short of A-MA-ZING.

One more thing I want to mention, Myth II spawned my all time favorite villain of not just gaming, but of anything. I'm talking about Soulblighter himself (he's my avatar if your curious).

1. Super Smash Bros.

Ok, some of you maybe are shocked to learn that as an avid Smash fan, I prefer the original Smash over Melee, so let me explain.

The original Smash, to me, is much more of a strategy fighting game than the fast paced Melee, which I prefer over the more chaotic successor. I also prefer the different game style of the original Smash than Melee, it adds a little more strategy knowing that if you got yourself stuck between your opponent and the wall, you were screwed and it could easily turn the tide of battle. Unlike Melee in which you could easily get yourself out of the situations, and the only way you could guarantee defeat of your opponent was relying solely on the same tactics and techniques over and over except for the once in a while screw-up from your opponent. Not that the original smash didn’t have repetitive gameplay aspects during a match as well, but it seemed to have a little more variation in 1v1 matches than Melee.

It could very well be the fact that I could be considered a pro at Smash 64 and an n00b on Melee that’s effecting my decision, but it’s also the fact that I haven’t spent nearly as much time playing any other game in my life. Any other game I’d play for a while, at most 2 months, and then get back into Smash. But to put it simply, I love this game and I don’t know what I’d do without it. This is why Super Smash Bros. is number 1 on my list of Top 10 games of all time.

Honorable mentions/ runner-ups:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Now sadly, I never finished this game, but I can safely say that while it was in my possession, I was addicted; I never thought a stealth game could be so much fun. I really can’t say how far I was in the game before my brother (who owned the game) left for California, but I think I got far enough to make a sound judgment on this game.

Now this was actually my first time playing a MGS game, and I wasn’t expecting much since I initially had no interest in the series, but that all changed when I started playing, I wish I could get a chance to finish this game, because I don’t own a PS2, otherwise it might’ve made my list.

Def Jam: Fight for NY

Seriously, black guys beating the crap out of each other, who doesn’t want to see that? JK, calm down.

What made this game so great for me were two things, the fight system and the customizability. Unlike most fighters where if you didn’t know any 50 button combos, you cant play it, Def Jam makes a more simple, yet hard to master fighting system, just like another game we know *coughsmashcough*. The customizability is just amazing, a huge wardrobe selection, hair styles, tattoos, even fighting style and physical looks.

Not to mention the soundtrack was pretty sweet too, but that’s if you’re into that.

Doom

The quintessential FPS. No FPS would be the same without it, and quite frankly, I don’t know what I’d do without it. My love for the game stated by watching my older bro play it when we were a lot younger, and since then, I have loved the sight of exploding walking carcasses and demons.

Yes we have to thank Doom for many wonderful things it has given us, and the controversy it brought, but who cares. It’s bloody and I like that.

Super Mario World

Quite possibly, the best 2-D platformer ever. Super Mario World is a beautiful work of art in terms of both gameplay and graphics. Perfecting the Super Mario Bros. 3 formula, I don’t think it could’ve come out better, in fact I preferred the new world map over the old one just in terms of format.

I don’t know about you but the secrets in this game made it awesome for me. I loved looking for that damned key to get me to the next secret, even if it did get a little frustrating.

Earthbound

If there’s any RPG that needs more worldwide releases, it’s this one. Earthbound is probably my second favorite RPG of all time for two main reasons and several smaller ones. The first is the setting and the second is the ending.

The fact that the hero was a little boy, which I was at the time (but not too little Razz) it made me feel like I could be the same hero, saving the world in an epic story. What makes me absolutely love this game though is the ending. In my opinion, it’s the most epic ending ever, even beating out the ending to OoT, it’s that good.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

It’s ironic really, I got this game as the result of a mistake made by my mother when I asked for Battlefront II for my birthday, and what an awesome mistake it was.

I love this game for pretty much all the same reasons that everyone else does, a story to match the Star Wars movies, great gamplay, and an awesome way to make you feel like a Jedi.

Silent Hill 2

While Resident Evil was the first game to instill fear in me, this game is by far the most scariest, most creepy game I’ve ever played. Every time I walk through dense fog or hear white noise, I think of this game now, and it makes me want to grab the nearest 2x4.

This is also sadly another game I have yet to finish. it’s strangely addicting in that even when your completely creeped out, you still want to keep playing.

Wii Sports

Of course, the great Wii sports, the game that makes old people feels young again and young people to feel like pros, and in some cases, feel old *looks at my Wii sports age*….sigh.

I’ve never gotten a work out from a game before and this game is great for it, if you have a Wii, you have this game, and you know how great the full motion controls are, it’s an amazing experience.

Chrono Trigger

This is a very recent game for me, in fact im still playing it through my first time, but im almost done.

I cant safely say this one definitely belong on the honorable mentions, but ill finish it before I make my reasons known.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time Empty Re: Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time

Post  TheSpoon Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am

That's quite a respectable list there, son, with some truly great games. I was probably the most happy to see Earthbound and Silent Hill 2, which are both on my Top 10 list.

You gotta finish SH2, man, it's incredible. By the way, how far are you?
TheSpoon
TheSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:48 pm

TheSpoon wrote:That's quite a respectable list there, son, with some truly great games. I was probably the most happy to see Earthbound and Silent Hill 2, which are both on my Top 10 list.

You gotta finish SH2, man, it's incredible. By the way, how far are you?

I wasn't too far into it i think, last thing i remember is a cage blocking off my path in a hotel hall way with a little girl on the other side.

Yes, Earthbound is amazing, if this was my top 15 list, it's probably be 11 or 12.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSpoon Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Snakz, Not Snakes wrote:
I wasn't too far into it i think, last thing i remember is a cage blocking off my path in a hotel hall way with a little girl on the other side.

Yes, Earthbound is amazing, if this was my top 15 list, it's probably be 11 or 12.

Hrm...yeah, I'm pretty sure you're in the game's first real area.

Hoo boy, you're in for it. The Apartment is the LEAST scary part of the game, and it looks like you haven't met Pyramid Head yet. Easily the scariest monster in ALL of gaming.

Scary or not, though, it's still a fantastic game that just keeps getting better. It also, in my opinion, has the best storyline of all the games I've played.

Also, have you played the original Mother?
TheSpoon
TheSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:10 pm

TheSpoon wrote:
Hrm...yeah, I'm pretty sure you're in the game's first real area.

Hoo boy, you're in for it. The Apartment is the LEAST scary part of the game, and it looks like you haven't met Pyramid Head yet. Easily the scariest monster in ALL of gaming.

Scary or not, though, it's still a fantastic game that just keeps getting better. It also, in my opinion, has the best storyline of all the games I've played.

Also, have you played the original Mother?

Actually, i have encountered Pyramid Head if your talkin about the dude with the giant metal....pyramid on his head, but i havent fought him yet, i saw him in the scene where he molests that 4 legged mutation.

And no i havent played the original Mother yet, i might end up...acquiring it sometime, haha
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSpoon Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:14 pm

Snakz, Not Snakes wrote:

Actually, i have encountered Pyramid Head if your talkin about the dude with the giant metal....pyramid on his head, but i havent fought him yet, i saw him in the scene where he molests that 4 legged mutation.

And no i havent played the original Mother yet, i might end up...acquiring it sometime, haha

Okay, so you have found him. Disregard my post then.
TheSpoon
TheSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  KritikalError Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:11 am

Woah, thats a big post, hahaha.

those games are great, I loved them all, haha. Well, the ones I played I loved, which is most of them. Here's my list. =D

... I can't really think this up right now. WAy too many to think, and so little time... ;_;
KritikalError
KritikalError

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:01 pm

KritikalError wrote:Woah, thats a big post, hahaha.

those games are great, I loved them all, haha. Well, the ones I played I loved, which is most of them. Here's my list. =D

... I can't really think this up right now. WAy too many to think, and so little time... ;_;

Yea, i wrote my list over a period of a couple of days cause i didn't have anything better to do then, haha.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  KritikalError Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:45 pm

Hmm... Top 10 games...

1. Eternal Sonata
2. Tales of Symphonia
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Legend fo Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Legend of Zelda: Ocrania of Time
6. Final Fantasy VIII
7. Final Fantasy VI
8. Smash Bros Meele
9. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
10. DDR!!

... Yep, something like that. =D
KritikalError
KritikalError

Back to top Go down

Snakz's Top 10 Games of All Time Empty About Trigger

Post  Darkfur Marlfox Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Hey, Snakz. Once you finish Chrono Trigger you should try and play Chrono Cross. It's a really great sequel, if a tad slow to start. It's one of my personal all time favorite RPGs.
Darkfur Marlfox
Darkfur Marlfox

Location : Redwall Abbey, Mossflower| Curled up warm and cozy in the gatehouse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:34 am

I just finished Chrono Trigger about a month ago (sorry i havent been on lately), i loved it.

I would but i dont have a Playstation and i assume you need one to play it. I played Chrono Trigger on my emulator, but i dont know how to set up a PSX emulator, i tried i failed miserably and gave up, but if i get it working again in the future, i'll deffinetly have a go at Chrono Cross.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 am

THAT'S RIGHT!!!! Everyones' Favorite Hero in Green Tights always makes the charts. Anyone who can turn down The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a sad excuse for a gamer! I remember reading a list of all time greatest games and Ocarina of Time was on top for the longest time almost beaten by The Halo series and Bioshock, but still survived only to be dethrowned by Super Mario Galaxy!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Location : Somewhere between Geno's Forest Maze and the Lost Woods of Hyrule

Back to top Go down

Post  Genosall Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:18 pm

10.Metroid prime 3
9.Halo 3
8.Super Mario World
7.LOZ: Phantom hourglass
6.LOZ: Twilight Princess
5.Super Mario RPG
4.LOZ: Majoras Mask
3.Super Mario Galaxy
2.LOZ: Ocarina of Time
1.Super Smash Bros./Meele

i cant decide witch i like more No ... one took quality over qantity and the other reverced it. in my eyes there equal in there own way.
Genosall
Genosall

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:32 pm

I recently got Phantom Hourglass and it's awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Genosall Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

yea i loved that game... 0mG3z! youl never guess who the last boss is! its... *spoiler alert!* an astounding boss fight. lol why do peapole put SPOILER ALERT! before a major plot spoiler, everyone keaps reading out of curiosity. and that game (thankfuly) was one of the few un-spoiled games. DO NOT look up the plot no matter how much you want to. it makes it so much better! you dont want to end up like me looking up the plot for TP. so stay sharp kid. Wink (even thogh your probly older than me)
Genosall
Genosall

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 am

I don't know who the last boss is, even though I've beaten all the other levels so far. I'm trying to get all of the spirit gems first! So far the game has revealed that his name is Bellum. But everything about him is related to a single large eye! Does this boss have something to do with Vaati perhaps?
(Vaati, coolest enemy ever! He transforms more than once, unlike Ganon! To defeat him you need a sword different form the Master Sword, for once! And he is said to turn good in the end after being used by Ganon!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Genosall Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 pm

ehh... i wouldent worry about the spirit gems untill your done but do whatever you want. i wont (and cant) stop you. but i sopose were getting off subject.
Genosall
Genosall

Back to top Go down

Post  GenoWhirl Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Well unlike Sanckity no snakes there, I don't have an exact "list" of favorite games.
How about we put it like this!

If it has the words...

LEGEND (The Legend of Zelda: [OOT, WW, MM, LTTP, OOA, OOS, HA, AOL, LA, TP, PH, TMC, FS, FSA, LCBT], Legend of Dragoon, Legends of Mana).

SUPER (Super Metroid: [as well as metroid, metroid 2, metroid fusion, metroid zero mission, metroid prime-prime 2-prime 3], Super Mario: [Bros, World, Land, RPG, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc.], Super Smash Brothers: [Melee, Brawl, etc.].

FINAL (Final Fantasy: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, 7 Derge of Cerberus, 12 Revenant Wings, 3 DS Original Japanese version, 1 2 and 3 Anthology, Tactics, Mystic Quest, Crystal Chronicles, etc.])

HEDGEHOG (Sonic the Hedgehog: [1, Sonic and Tails, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Adventure, Adventure 2, Adventure Battle, Adventure Battle 2, Heroes, Shadow the, the Secret Rings])

or HALO (1, 2, 3)

I'll more than likely put in in my favorites list!
Especially if it was a game called THE SUPER LEGEND OF HALO THE FINAL HEDGEHOG!!!!!!
GenoWhirl
GenoWhirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWhirled Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:22 pm

*talks like Strong Bad* I'm on a rampage!

Top ten, huh? I have a list, but.. you know, the places are bound to change. There's so many good games... and knowing myself, I won't stop until I explain myself and make this too damn long. I really don't mean to impose on this thread; sorry, Snakz...

1. Super Mario 64 - My first game ever, and as speculated by most gamers, quite possibly the best game of all time. What do I have to say about this one? If this had been the most hated game by the gaming community at the time, I'd still love it to death. My introduction to the Mario series and all of gaming, and what a great start it was...

2. Yoshi's Island - One of my earliest SNES[9X] games, and a good portion of the reason I have a deep respect for 2D games and the more peaceful side of life today. There's no way I can explain how nostalgic this one is for me, even if I have to play the stupid GBA remake. I wouldn't be playing as Yoshi in every sport, kart and other game if it wasn't for this anomaly. Maybe the revealer of the plumber's true origins?

3. Banjo-Kazooie - Yeah! My first non-Mario game, and a real classic with the unique bear-and-bird duo going around collecting jiggies to stop Gruntilda. The first game I truly took a controller up on and played (I was such a wimp back then- scared of every goomba and jumping veggie and almost too afraid to play video games until this one.). The sequel's actually worthy... imagine that! Let's just pray the triquel is a flop so we can get Rare back from Microsoft.

4. Animal Crossing - The most memorable "customizable" game I can think of today. Having friends and keeping up with your town really sows it into your mind, whether you want it to or not... I remember crying when I accidently erased my main town on this game. ;_; Don't play this game if you get attached to beautiful music, having your own stylish pad, and a very interesting and tweak-able environment too easily.... and of course, all the animals in your town will piss you off sooner or later. Trust me on that.

5. Mario Party - The original Mario Party, and the foundation of the party genre, this one's a not-so-remembered Nintendo classic. They've butchered it today, but back in the day, this game was king among multiplayers. The boards, at the time, were completely new and all of the gameplay elements were fantastic. Ha... the reason Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario and Donkey Kong are the true leaders of the universe in my little childhood fantasy world.

6. Bomberman 64 - The underdog of all great games (perhaps even more underrated than our precious SMRPG), I was shocked when I found out this wasn't considered a classic, but I think it was the transition from retro, simple gameplay on older systems to a more plot-centered, strategic adventure on the N64. Either way, one of my first games, and the first one that consisted of blowing up things to boot. Unfortunately, its 3D introduction was the last before Nintendo/Hudson/Konami spawned the "new generation" Bomberman games we know and hate today...

7. Mario Kart 64 - Need I say anything about this one? It went from a fun game on the SNES to a best-selling spinoff series because of this masterpiece. The only thing I can recall disliking of this one is only being able to hear the second- and fourth-player's sounds on multiplayer, but that was probably because I was playing alone and only using two controllers, anyways. The reason I think Bowser's a real good guy and Toad's voice should have stayed as it was ("IIIII'M THE BEST!").

8. Pokémon Sapphire - After long years of watching the first season and movies of the cartoon, not being able to defeat Brock in Yellow and being about to kick my Chikorita in Gold, this was what got me back into the series with a true respect for the games, rather than Ash Ketchum and Pikachu. The only Pokémon game I've used for 2+ player battling and the one I finally realized the awesomeness of having Poké-nicknames on. (Chicky the Blaziken, Diluco the Ludicolo, Wingy the Pelliper, Moon Wave the Gardevoir and Sand Spirit the Flygon! Yee-haw!)

9. Luigi's Mansion - I almost found it surprising how much I respected this game until I played a lot of the other games on the 'Cube. Then it was just like, "Wow... people need to play this game more." Not only was it Luigi's first big title game (you know... Mario is Missing and its sequel weren't really big... or good...), it was just something that differed from most of the games I had played up until that point. The "Ghostbusters"-esque gameplay is interesting, and who can resist E. Gadd's crazy nonsense-talk in his debut game? "Not I," said the loser of a gaming nerd writing this.

10. Super Mario World - My first SNES[9X] game, and one I have a real appreciation for because it showed me how a classic Mario game is played. The cape feather has always been my second favorite power up, right under Mario's famous Wing-Cap (*apologizes to the classic mushroom and the Starman on MK64*). This gives you a real feel for Bowser's evil and really, really annoying kids, after SMB3. Where the hell did they go, anyways? Curse you, Baby Bowser/Bowser Junioooor!

Wow... I love all of those games so much, even today when there's nobody to whoop in Mario Party, or any more nerds at school to impress with my complete Pokédex in Sapphire. All the games I have a strong affection for don't necessarily have to be good when I play them now, just as long as I took enjoyment and gained memories in them when I was little.

*chokes on water after reading how TL;DR this is* Oh, crap... well, I get really long-winded when talking about things that mean a lot to me, as some would know... *winks at Oshiro*

And, never fear! Super Mario RPG would be in my top twenty or so, if I had the gall to add that much to what I've already wrote. *headbangs* RAWK! Viva la Mario, and all the games on the SNES and N64!
TheWhirled
TheWhirled

Location : Waiting with a Bob-omb outside of Brawl HQ in Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEnigmatic Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Lets see...top 10? They are not in any order I like them all equally

1. Diddy Kong Racing- First game that I ever owned on the N64, it was hard as hell and still is! (Brawl might be taking number 1)

2. Animal Crossing- Just love this game, but wish there was more to the series like actualy not the kiddy paying size by size, but like bills and stuff.

3. Street Fighter 2- So many memories and so many times I lost...

4. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance- SO CLOSE TO BEATNG THIS GAME!!! JUST ONE MORE MISSION BUT I NEEDED A BENT SWORD TO FIGHT THE BLACK KNIGHT Crying or Very sad

5. Mario Bros. Game, I've played and played and its hard but fun!

6. Orignial Pokemon, Red and Blue and Silver and Gold (Fuck you Yellow version pale)- My god, fun times. I remember those days, beat em, throw as many balls as you can at it and then hope it gets caught, back when it was still good.

7. SMRPG; a truly different Mario type game, if there is a sequel this series shouldn't be ruined

8. Chrono Trigger, inspiraton for all time traveling writings I have

9. Earthbound, a really moving game, full of inspiration and oddities

10. Fire Emblem series as a whole is somewhat the same
TheEnigmatic
TheEnigmatic
Admin

https://geno.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down