The Geno Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Myth Series

3 posters

Go down

The Myth Series Empty The Myth Series

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:58 pm

Ok, so has anyone even HEARD of these games? They were made mostly by Bungie and one game by Take 2. There's two games in the series, four if you count the retard cousin that is Myth III and the great expansion pack that is Myth Worlds.

1. Myth: The Fallen Lords
2. Myth II: Soulblighter
3. Myth II: Worlds (Which technically is not really not part of the main series, but it's still a great addition to Myth)
4. Myth III: The Wolf Age (Great story, Bad gameplay Crying or Very sad)

The first game Myth TFL won game of the year by many gaming reviewer in 1997 including Gamespot, PC Gamer and others. I haven't played it too much, but it's a gem none the less.

Myth II is what got me hooked on the series, i love every single aspect of this game, literally. Amazing online play, deep and enriching story line, smooth gameplay, 3-Dish-looking 2-D graphics, awesome tactical planning, bad-ass abilities, etc.

It's also by far, the most popular game of the series with it's online play.

Did i mention level editor and character creator?? Very Happy

Myth Worlds i havent actually played myself, but i've seen it in action and i liked what i saw.

Myth III....well this wasn't actually made by Bungie, they sold the rights to Myth to so other company who decided to make a 3rd sequel and this is the end product

I liked the story, but the gameplay was just...ugh, it wasn't very balanced as a strategy game, if you were skilled enough you could essentially beat several levels with only 3 units. On other levels, even on easy, were practically impossible to beat (Im looking at you, Iron Trow! Mad )

There were other things about the 3rd installment that just didn't live up to it's predecessors.

Anyways, this series is fantastic and is kept alive merely by dedicated fans who have released hundreds of mods to keep the game new and interesting.

So join me if you remember this game and love it or hate it. If you've never heard of the game, you are welcome to ask questions about it.

If you are anywhere remotely a Real-time strategy game player, i HIGHLY recommend Myth II or Myth TFL, it IMO, the best online RTS game EVER.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

The Myth Series Empty Re: The Myth Series

Post  KritikalError Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:45 pm

You forgot one. I think it's called... The Mythbusters? xD

I never heard of them, I apoligize. Whats the most recent one out for? I'll think on buying it... Thats if it's on 360, Wii or Cube. xD.... Or PS1. =\
KritikalError
KritikalError

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Well, they're not console games, they're PC games....

Hopefully someday Bungie will buy back the rights to Myth and re-release it on a console or even re-make it.....if that happened, id need a straightjacket to constrict my happiness.

If you couldn't tell by reading what i posted, they're kinda dated games, but that doesn't make any less than amazing.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  hemightbegiant Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:19 pm

At first, I accidentally misread this as "Myst Series" Crying or Very sad
hemightbegiant
hemightbegiant

http://www.rateyourmusic.com/~hemightbegiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:30 pm

hemightbegiant wrote:At first, I accidentally misread this as "Myst Series" Crying or Very sad

Eww, gross.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  KritikalError Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:09 am

Never heard of it, but it sounds kinda fun haha. Sounds like a Strat. RPG, and if so I'm not a big fan of them... D:
KritikalError
KritikalError

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakz, Not Snakes Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 pm

KritikalError wrote:Never heard of it, but it sounds kinda fun haha. Sounds like a Strat. RPG, and if so I'm not a big fan of them... D:

Yea, it's a RTS (Real-Time Strategy) game, not an RPG. I can understand if you dont like Strategy games, but it is a lot of fun, i particularly like creating my own character and spells and abilities, although that requires a little bit of technical knowledge, but not too much to make a basic character.

People have made so many mods for the game to keep it alive like a WWII mod, Civil War, Lego men, LOTR, Alien, etc, etc. It's deffinetly a fun game.
Snakz, Not Snakes
Snakz, Not Snakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum